Terms & Conditions
In these terms and conditions, the “Company” will mean Wine Buff Limited and the “Customer” will mean any person, firm, company or body which places an order with the Company. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the site. By using the site or any part of it, you agree that you have read these terms and conditions and that you accept and agree to be bound by them.
General Terms of Services
- It is illegal to sell alcohol to people under the age of 18. By placing an order, the Customer confirms that he/she is 18 years old or above. The Customer shall ensure that no person shall use his/her login to purchase alcohol products and a person aged 18 or above (identification required) must be present to take delivery or delivery shall be withdrawn and attempted at another time agreed.
- The Company shall make every effort to ensure that prices, details and sizes of products on this website are up to date. Prices are subject to change without prior notice and all orders are subject to Company’s acceptance at its sole discretion and stock availability.
- The Company shall make every effort to ensure products displayed on the website are in stock. If from time to time products become out of stock, the Company reserves the right to offer alternative product/s to the Customer of similar value and style.
- All orders are subject to confirmation of final availability and Wine Buff reserves the right to reject the order in the event that any of the products or services requested are unavailable. In the event that we are unable to fulfill any of the products or services in your order we will notify you by phone or email before your requested delivery date.
- All Customers are requested to examine the goods immediately upon delivery / collection for any deficiencies and/or damages. Claims (if any) must be lodged at the time of collection or delivery, otherwise any breakages or shortfall shall be deemed to have occurred thereafter.
- The Company will not accept any return of goods nor will provide any refund for any order. Although we strive to offer wines in their best condition, the Customer must make appropriate allowances for natural variations of conditions of cases, labels and corks for old wines.
- All risks in the products shall pass to the Customer upon delivery but Wine Buff shall retain title in the products until full payment has been received.
- For online or phone order, we accept payment by:
- VISA/ MASTER/ UNION PAY/ CASH / PAYME / ALIPAY
- Bank Transfer (HSBC 400-647459-838 Wine Buff Ltd)
- Cash on delivery
- For purchase in shop, we accept: VISA/ MASTER/ UNION PAY/ CASH / PAYME / ALIPAY
- Payment has to be settled within 14 days after the order is confirmed. Otherwise, we shall assume you would like to cancel the order.
- All product prices listed are in HK dollars.
- To provide secure online commerce transactions, we employ Secure Sockets Layer (SSL). It encrypts your personal information, including credit card number, name and address, so that it would not be read as the information travels over the Internet. To check SSL Certificate information, you can right click the mouse and choose “Properties” & “Certificates”.
- Your offer to purchase made on www.winebuff.com.hk shall be subject to our sole discretion and may not be accepted subject to the availability of stock. A final and conclusive invoice will be presented to you upon delivery.
- Wine Buff may from time to time set credit limits for individual customers and Wine Buff reserves the right to limit sales including the right to decline sales to any customers.
- Wine Buff reserves the right to charge interest for all overdue invoices at 5% additional to the Prime Rate set by Hong Kong Monetary Authority until the invoices are settled.
- Wine Buff reserves the right to change the payment terms for any order without prior notice.
- We offer FREE delivery to HK Island and Kowloon for purchase of either (1) over HK$1,500, OR (2) 6 bottles of 750ml or more.
- For New Territories, it is for purchase of either (1) over HK$5,000, OR (2) 12 bottles of 750ml or more.
- Otherwise, HK$200 would be charged for delivery or you may pick up in our shop.
- Delivery service is only available for Hong Kong Island, Kowloon, and New Territories. For outlying islands or remote area, please contact us for details.
- Delivery service will be suspended when typhoon signal No.8 or above or a black rain warning is hoisted. In this event customers will be contacted to re-schedule delivery time
- Under normal circumstances, goods ordered will be delivered within 2 to 5 working days. Customers should ensure a person aged 18 above to be present during the agreed delivery time slot to collect the alcoholic items. If no one accepts the delivery at the nominated delivery address on the delivery date and time slot, re-delivery service charges may be applied.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by the laws of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, the People’s Republic of China and the Customer and Wine Buff agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts. Wine Buff may revise these terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. If any dispute arises, Wine Buff’s determination shall be final. Where these terms and conditions are available in Chinese, the English version is the governing version and shall prevail whenever there is a discrepancy between the two versions.